Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Loud Noises and the Movies they Show in the Film School...

I know this sounds weird, but I've never grown out of hating loud sounds, like a bullet firing or a balloon popping. Its been this way ever since I was a litte boy at birthday parties and it hasn't ever stopped. I look like a goober when I have to hold my hands over my ears because I know a gun is about to fire in a movie. And if I don't know a loud sound is coming and one occurs? Yeah, I'm a jumper. Fantastic.

Also, why is it that when you study film as a discipline, you have to watch THE SADDEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME!? Honest to goodness, sometimes the movies they show us have me contemplating the meaning of my life...like how futile it can be. Why can't we just watch Bring It On or better yet, From Justin to Kelly? I mean, I know they're not good movies, but at least they wouldn't shake my faith in the universe (OK, you got me, they would, but in an entirely different way).

When do I get to sign up for Date Movies 371? Heck, it's probably a class I could teach. I'd have a masters in Hugh Grant. Can't you just see me teaching a class on date movies? "No, Mr. XYZ, it's 'Bugger,' not 'Bogger!'" "No, I'm sorry Ms. ABC, in fact, Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan have appeared in three films together, with Joe and the Volcano being the first." Where do I pick up my ugly blazer with the felt elbow patches?

Professor Mann's class is in session.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got an excellent brown corduroy blazer with felt elbow patches from Goodwill... I bet Value Saver would have some.