Friday, January 25, 2008

I Really Like Sting.

Really, I do. I'm not sure why this is important, but I feel that Sting is one of the most underrated options in my iPod. "After the Rain" is a great song. "If I Ever Lose My Faith" is another. And "I'll Be Watching You" I think is one of the best love songs ever. Which leads me to the question: "I'll Be Watching You:" Romantic love song or creepy ballad about stalking? I'm pretty optimistic on this one, I think it is a love song. I have been accused of being creepy myself, so I may not be the best person to answer this question. So yeah, you might want to take that into account. You know who else likes Sting? My Dad. Which brings me to...

Since my father's been having heart trouble lately (he had a 90% clog in a long artery, resulting in an emergency precedure 3 weeks ago. Not to worry though, he's doing better now) he can no longer play basketball since he is not allowed to run...ever again. Not that he was ever a great basketball player or anything. He could shoot, but in our recent 1-on-1 games, I was not allowed to get within 3 feet of him. But playing basketball with him was a part of my childhood and I feel sad we can't do it anymore. Ever. Kinda makes me realize my parents aren't going to be around forever and that the older I get, the traditions and the other stuff from my childhood is fading. Wow, sad. Despite the set back, my dad brags that he can still do...uh...other things. Sometimes I think our relationship is a little too friendly...

No comments: