Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Life Is a Rollercoaster

If it's one thing you take away from this blog, I hope it's this fact that I'm still learning: Life is a rollercoaster-- and if you know me, you know I hate real rollercoasters, so its really a sad analogy for me. It goes super fast with unforseen ups, downs, and loop-dee-loops and the better you ready yourself for all these, the better off you'll be--apparently. Clearly I'm still learning to cope with the downs and the loop-dee-loops. I can usually handle the ups; although this too can be argued. Tomorrow I have my first meeting with the career center. I really hope they have magical crystal balls they peer into and tell me my best route to success....yeah, I know, they'll probably just give me some reference info. Let's hope this is the start of an up, because I'm getting really worried as to what I'm going to be when I grow up (aka, in a year).

Its Adam's birthday today, so if Adam reads this blog...Happy birthday, big fella. Couldn't ask for a better friend. Really miss hanging out with you, impersonating your mom, making Pin faces, and hitting on your little sister. Happy birthday! God bless ya.

Not only is January 22 Adam's 21st birthday, its also the day I met certain people I no longer allow myself to elaborate on. I can't believe its been three years. Please pray I meet someone so that I forget this stupid anniverary...not to mention March 26th (first kiss) and May 21st (Prom)...seriously, this is so silly. The movie that is my life needs a new love interest...NOW!


Oh, and yes, its Tuedsay night. And yes, I had the fortune to watch another depressing movie in my screenplay as literature class. Tonight's screening was Boys Don't Cry, which has all the attributes of a downer- Physical abuse to females, rape, gender crisis, poverty, dellusion, hopelessness, and alcoholism! There should be a seperate Oscar for depressing movies. If there was one, the producers would have another gold statue to go along with Hilary Swank (who makes a believable, albeit girly, boy, who knew!?) Hopefully we'll be watching happier pictures soon. If we don't I fear having to renew my Lexapro perscrpition...definately a down on the rollercoaster.

No comments: