Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Wait? Really?

So, I was watching my obcession (Food Network) and I saw they did a mini-feature on the show Unwrapped (which is underrated in the pantheon of Food Network programming) on a UofM professor who teaches a class on chocolate. WTF!!!?!? Why haven't I heard of this? This is going right to the front of my fall semester backpacking. I will steal, cheat, lie, and kill to get in that class. Did someone say Suma Cum Laude?...I did my honors thesis on Count Chocula...sweet!

By the way, the Dove bar is named such because the Dove is a Greek symbol of love and peace and their founders were from Greece....just in case you were, ya know, curious.

So, I finally sorted out one of my life's conundrums. I'm going to London to celebrate my mom's 50th birthday right when I get out of school THEN go to California for some fun in the sun/ internship business. It seems minor, but working that kink out is a big step for the near future. Now to find the love of my life and figure out my passion. For the record, I'm open to suggestions.

My parents offered to send me to cooking school when done with college, in France none-the-less. I don't think I'm going to take them up on it...the food business seems a little too daunting, and this is coming from a person who hopes to break into Hollywood, but its a cool concept. Although, I'd love to do nothing but cook all day. They said my birthday present is actually a week long cooking course in either France or No Cal right after I graduate next year, so I have that to look forward to.

So, my newspaper screwed me over today as I spent 11 hours covering tennis this weekend, only to have them cut my 500-word story to oh, you know, 30 words!! Yeah, sucks.

But you know what? I'm turning this into a positive. In the past, I would've walked into the newsroom and verbally kicked someone in the nuts; however, today, I'm going to take the high and understanding road. I'll stick with them despite what happened. I mean, I don't get paid, so they really wasted my time, but I'll just say this weekend was experience and hopefully never again will they do this to me. Here's to growing up a little...which is what I'm thankful for today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that your parents would send you to France for cooking class. The culinary industry isn't THAT daunting. It just takes over your life. Most of us in culinary school will spend as much time learning and perfecting our craft as doctors. No joke with that one.

PS- This is Katie, Christine's sister... if you didn't already figure that out.