Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ahh! My Head's Going to Explode!

So, I have this massive STATS test tomorrow, and I'll be honest, I have no idea what's going on, this the eve of test. I haven't had this feeling since I was a junior in high school about to take a physics test. Or a sophomore in high school about to take a chemistry exam. Or a freshman about to fail one of my high school's famously difficult biology tests. See a patttern? Yeah, I'm not good at the math/sciences. Why can't I be tested on things I'm good at, like enriching dinner conversation or Madden on the XBox? School sucks.

Sooooo, this afternoon I thought I was about to welcome Jason Kidd back to my beloved Dallas Mavericks only to find out tonight that Devan George selfishly blocked the trade because he can do so. I've never disliked a player on my own favorite team so much in my entire life, what a little cry baby bitch. Mr. George is a free agent this next summer and wishes not to be traded because if he were traded, he'd stand to make less money (its hard to explain, but true). Devan, I've got news for you: you suck. You're not sniffing the court next year unless you're a coach, a ref, or a ball boy. My money's on ball boy.

So, my friend Rachel is coming to visit this weekend which will be my first ever out-of-town visitor. I feel honored. I was always jealous of kids who had a bunch of friends visit them. Well, its my turn, but I dunno whats cool to do around Ann Arbor. I'm open to suggestions....

Which makes me think. I remember a conversation I had with either my stepmom or my dad (or both) a couple months ago in which either or both of them told me to "just have fun." To which I replied "Yeah, fun isn't my strong suit." Which I think is sad. But I think I'm learning a little. I think my quest to have fun is progressing, just slowly. Maybe by the time I graduate I'll just be a "drag" instead of "stick in the mud" like I was at the beginning. Can't knock progress...

Today, I'm thankful for tissues, because I have a cold.

No comments: