Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Feigning Excitement Hall of Fame

So, my stepmother, Jeanette, (who is a saint) just took my grandmother (her mother-in-law) on a three day trip to San Fransisco. God knows I love my grandmother, but I'd rather spend a long weekend in solitary confinement. And I'm pretty sure Jeanette would agree.

Apparently it wasn't the torture I envision as they basically ate the whole time. Its ironic because my grandmother's only love in this world is food...and she's a former anorexic. How sad. That'd be like me denying myself sports or checking out girls. Life's already too hard. I couldn't live without life's natural luxuries.

Anyway, I encourage you to look at the picture above. Look how gracious and happy my stepmother looks (she's the young one, if you hadn't guessed). There's no way she's that happy about being there. Uncanny. Also, its debatable to whether or not my grandmother likes my stepmother (which is crazy because my stepmother is the best person in the entire world). How are women so good at hiding the fact that they'd rather be somewhere, ANYWHERE, other than where they are? I mean, sure if they're really pissed off you can tell in all kinds of body language like pursed lips and crossed arms, etc., but still. Goodness knows I could NEVER feign a smile like this. You'd basically have to inject me with happy nerve gas to get me to smile. And even then it wouldn't look half as genuine as it does on my stepmom. If there were a hall of fame for people who could fake liking people, it'd be my stepmother. We're talking first ballot, like Cal Ripken Jr. or something.

No comments: