Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Dog Days of Summer

Sorry about not posting everyone. OK, sorry for not posting...Dad. Truth be told, despite the exciting time in my life, there isn't a whole lot for me to be posting about. I go to work, make phone calls, come home, heat up a Lean Cuisine (do you think I miss being a food journalist!?), and go to the gym...and start over. Sure there is some variation. I got to make a foray into Bel Air for the first time since my...um... senior in high school days. Pretty much the way I remembered it- although I'm pretty sure you could feel the car shake climbing the mountain, fearing the wrath of a certain individual who lives on Roscomare but will go nameless. I had to do an errand at my boss' house, which is, in the words of Borat, "Uh, very niiice." I can't wait to own a gorgeous home. Jeanette, when you read this, you're doing the interior design work of my architectural masterpiece of an abode when I grow up....I just like your style and you know you guys have the Midas touch of resale value. 

In other news, I saw the Get Smart movie, which wasn't that good. But I did find out that my home run swing, Anne Hathaway, recently broke up with her crooked Italian bf. Still alive, baby! I can see little Alex Hathaway-Mann now. What a happy child. 

Also saw 27 Dresses. I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would, especially when some people openly panned it...COUGHAmyCOUGH. It's striking to me how much Catherine Heigl looks like Diane Lane. I can't tell if that means she's insanely hot (as Diane Lane was) or looks insane old (which Diane Lane is) for what she is. Oh, well, I'd take her all the same. 

 MMMMyeah. That's about it. Still no luck at the beach. Haven't worked up the courage to go talking to almost naked girls at this stage of my life. I hope this changes at some point. 

Also, haven't seen any celebrities. Although, Sarah W. Gray would appreciate knowing that I nearly got to speak with Demi Moore momentarily on the phone the other day. When I catch a starlet, I'll tell you...particularly if they reside at the Playboy Mansion, which Ms. Gray has an odd fascination with....? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! two things to be thankful for:
1) a shout out on your blog
2) the fact that you insist on reminding me and everyone in cyberspace that yes, i sometimes watch the girls next door. im addicted to reality tv and not ashamed to admit it. i am not addicted to the playboy mansion or anything related to naked women. you merely caught me in a desperate moment, where the only show that would satisfy my reality tv craving involved the playboy mansion and the most boring class of all time