Thursday, July 17, 2008

Been Here, Done This

OK, if you haven't guessed by now, I'm very ready to go back to school. VERY READY. The lovely and talented Jeanette Mann likes to say that I have an expiration date on places (and people). While I wouldn't say my time has run sour, I wouldn't say it's the freshest it's been. I think sans friends, I've used up about as much excitement on California (at least for now) as I could muster for the summer. I need football games and late night Big Ten Burrito runs and IM sports and Southwest parties and other things. There's only so much playing basketball, going to the gym, and watching (and, indirectly making) movies that I can do. Time to go. Time to re-new the expiration date. My guess is that I'm good on school till Thanksgiving Break (or shortly before, as has been the pattern the previous 3 years of going to college). I'll even take over if someone wants to bet me under. 

Alas, things get somewhat refreshed when Adam Bennett comes strolling into town. I've been promised "heat" (and I don't mean from the sun) and beaches and guys freaking out on a basketball court. Sounds like a plan. 

Also, the lovely Kristen Henkels comes to town at the beginning of August for a few weeks, which could provide a nice distraction for a couple weekends. 

I'm gonna go to sleep now. Wake me when It's August 29th. Thanks.

PS Why didn't I think of THIS!?

No comments: