Wednesday, June 18, 2008

No Celebs and The Weirdos with the Metal Thingys on the Beach

So, it appears that I am the anti-celeb magnet. I have been in LA for almost a month and have seen a grand total of ZERO celebrities. I even chill in and around celeb hangouts often like the Grove, Beverly Hills, and Joan's on Third. No one. A new intern at work, who's been here less than a week, has already seen Harrison Ford. The biggest star I get to see is USC film stud Michael Chang (and if Michael Chang reads this blog, I'd appreciate your autograph. Thanks.) I feel like my life is just pacing me. I bet I see Tom Hanks or someone big here soon. That'd be sweet.

I'm hell-bent on getting Hollywood Bowl tickets. I went when I was in high school and loved it, although no one will go with me! Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are playing there next week, but the show is beyond sold out (and beyond expensive). Apparently there's a thing where the LA Philharmonic is doing Beatles stuff the week after. Who's in!?

Speaking of LA hotspots, I go to Santa Monica every second I don't have to go to work. And when I'm there, there are always those creepers with a scoop in one hand and a mental detector thingy in the other that looks like it could have been a prop to make War of the Worlds (the old one, not the to Cruise muck). What's with these people? Are they searching for buried treasure? If they're looking for quarters, why don't they just look under someone's couch....? I'm totally mystified and confused as to the plight of these people. Are they homeless? Is this a hobby? I smell documentary...

1 comment:

Amy Butler said...

Um, I like the remake of War of the Worlds.