Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Laguna Beach, Guitar Hero, and the Day I was in an Earthquake with an Olsen Twin.

Well, I know everyone wants to hear about the latter part of the title to this post, but be patient. First thing's first. This weekend I drove down to lovely (and very spacious) Laguna Beach where I met Adam and Co. for a little beach time and fun in the sun. It was my first foray into the O.C. and I must say...it's a lot like Plano, TX with a beach...and pretty people. It's all good. I found out Adam likes, um, big girls, that I'm the only male in California with chest hair, and that I can catch a frisbee but am still unable to throw one. Not pretty. I just went down for the day as I had to be at work early Monday morning, but Adam is coming this weekend to LA to see a Dodgers Game, see a show at the Hollywood Bowl (Yay! I get to go! Finally!!), and rock LA. 

Speaking of rocking, I've finally been sucked into Guitar Hero. After watching Gentz and Amy and every other SW person own this year, I've finally stepped up to the plate and learned how to play the guitar....hero. I'm rhythmically challenged, but I'm addicted. When I'm bored, I go to the Best Buy down the street and play their demo. I feel like a homeless person with a home, yet sans video game system. I'm not proud. 

And lastly, today I had just returned from an emergency Blockbuster run and Office Depot errand to my desk at work. I was working on a small project when the suspended lights from the ceiling started to sway and the room, yes, started to shake, beginning the 10 or so seconds of my first ever Earthquake experience. There were a  couple screams and shouts around the office, yet when the shaking stopped, there was a nice calm for about 20 seconds. I stepped away from my desk and to the middle of the office where everyone in my company had gathered, including, yes, an Olsen twin. She was very nice and down-to-earth, but a little shaken up (as we all were) by the rattling. Everyone was talking about what to do in case of an earthquake, but when the commotion came to a hault, everyone went back to what they were doing. No one even thought of going home. Gotta love California. This has been the most crazy summer.

But yes, that was when I was in an earthquake with an Olsen twin. I can no longer explain the things that happen in my life. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alex:

If you read Mary Kate Olsen's blog I bet it's titled: "The day I was in an earthquake with Alex Mann."

...maybe not!
Dad