Friday, July 11, 2008

New in the life of Alex.

Um, that is to say, there's nothing new. Went to Santa Monica Pier with THE Michael Chang and friends tonight for some salsa dancing. It was alright, it was just too crowded to get my salsa groove on...Got "fake" ice cream (yogurt) afterwards on a waffle and went home. 

Played basketball yesterday on the same court as NBA first round draft pick Kevin Love. The guy's huge, although he doesn't look terribly athletic. I wonder how he'll fit into the NBA- my guess is a shorter Mehmet Okur. My dad asked me if I played extra hard so as to get his attention (and approval). The answer is 'no.' The only time I've ever tried to show off to a celeb was Mark Cuban (Mavs owner) at Primer Club in Dallas. Anytime he'd walk by along the edge of the court, I'd high tail in into Kobe mode, between the legs, reverse layup in hopes of getting him to say "Call Donnie...we need this kid."   

Also, I've become interested in the show "Greek." I'm not sure why, it's pretty much a soap opera set at college. I think it's because I like to look into the life so many other students have, but I chose not. I think I've discovered I'm jealous because of the fun the have....sometimes I think had I come to Michigan as a freshman, I would have (or should have) looked harder at fraternity life and tried to chose one that wasn't crazy. Although, I think about it, and my stomach still turns, so I'm not too broken up by it. 

No comments: