Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer in the City (of Angels)

Do you hear that sound? Yes, it's me respiring. It's the first time I've been able to breathe since pulling out of my parent's Hackberry driveway in Omaha. 

Glad to say that everything thus far has been going dandy. Work was kind of a pain the first few days because the phone system is kind of a cluster fuck (although I've since gotten the hang of it) and it's a lot of rushing around and doing, um, stuff. The people are super nice and I get to sit in on company meetings where they talk about developmental and potential stories. Neat stuff. They were throwing around the idea of using Anne Hathaway in one of our movies. You can imagine my heart flutter...

Other than that, the neighborhood I'm currently living in is super cool...fancy retail heaven as I'm wedged between the Beverly Center and the Grove. Not bad.

Also, my roomate is extra nice and the place is pretty comfortable.

Went to the beach twice last weekend- once to Manhattan Beach and then to Santa Monica. I read a few screenplays there and took them home as they reeked of salt water and sea weed. Got sunburned on the back of my knees, for some reason I forgot to put sun lotion there. Of all the sunburn mistakes you can possibly make, let me tell you that this totally sucks. Please never neglect the back of your legs! 

Also, having not been exposed to the beach for most of my life, let me tell you that there's nothing more exciting to the testosterone than beautiful Californian women in bikkini's in perfect sunshine. Yeah, try to guess where I plan on going this weekend... (and every weekend, for that matter).

Right now I'm just winding down, reading a little bit. The Cubs are in town taking on the Dodgers so I might go to that this weekend. And I got invited out by one of my fellow interns with some of his friends. 

Things are turning out. Who woulda thought!?


No comments: