Saturday, June 7, 2008

Los Angeles

A little photo journey of my Friday...

 Here I am in Santa Monica, taking in the rays. It was a great day out as I went on a nice jog along the coast line to Clown Beach...oops, I mean Venice. I walked back, got some work from my car and read a pretty solid romantic comedy with a goofy name (ask me later...). Plus, since I encased myself in SPF 50 sunscreen, I didn't get any awkward sun burns like last time! Here's a little picture I snapped of myself looking beach cool...
Here's a little scenery picture of Santa Monica Beach looking north. No, that's not me laying down, ya'll know I don't take my shirt off in public unless paid or necessary (you'll thank me someday). In the background is the Santa Monica pier, with the newer, more environmentally sound Santa Monica Ferris Wheel. They also do trapeese lessons on the pier, which are fun to watch. It's truly beautiful down here.

OK, confession. I saw Sex and the City the movie last night (alone, mind you) and liked it. I know that if certain high school english teachers were reading this blog, they might have some questions concerning my sexual preference (no worries, still straight), but I felt the writing was actually pretty good...plus (and I believe this saves me) Kristen Davis is a foooox. Yowza. Anyway, I saw it at a huge outdoor shopping center called The Grove, which my roommate says is the place in LA loves to say they hate, but really enjoy. It's a 10 minute walk from where I live, which is nice. I jog there after work sometimes. I like it because in the back they have a farmer's market section with really good food. Plus, there's a Banana Republic, a Barnes and Noble and a Starbucks, what's not to like? Well, maybe the 13 dollars I had to spend on the movie alone...yeah, sucks.
Below, for all who are interested (I'm always curious to see where people live and sleep, I'm not sure why) is a picture of my quaint bedroom on the border of Beverly Hills. Yes, I sleep on an air matress on the ground, but it's not really that bad. Plus (oh my god, I'm turning into Carrie Bradshaw!) I have a decent sized closet to the right which you can't see, which is good because I brought a lot of clothes.
All in all, still a successful experience. I just miss my nightly port...

No comments: