Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm in Love with a Bitch

So, I have my first crush of the young summer. Yes, she's female. Unfortunately, said object of my affection is not human. There's a soft coated wheaten terrier at the Beverly Center (LA's answer to the Galleria) in a pet store. It sits by its lonesome all day long locked in a glass cage. My wheaten is so spoiled that if it gets locked in my parent's Notting Hill flat for too long, I'm pretty sure it'd pick up the phone and dial animal abuse itself. Here's a pic of what I go visit almost everyday. I've decided that when I sell my first big script, the first thing I'll do is get a dog. 


So, when I do get a dog, I'm going to name it after an artist. I was thinking naming it Matty, after Henri Matisse. If it's a girl, maybe Monet, I just think that sounds more feminine. (PS, if someone today were referred to as Monet and you didn't know who it was, wouldn't you think it was some sort of stripper name? Yeah, me too.) A friend of my mother's already has a dog named Chagall. I'd prefer that name since my family owns a Chagall, but would feel bad knowing I stole a great name.  

In other news, all is going quite smoothly. I made over 100 phone calls on Tuesday and got taken for lunch by my boss on Wednesday at this cool Jewish deli that's apparently a big Hollywood hangout called Factor's. Oh, I'm so LA.

And speaking of LA food, I have a new obcession. It's called Pinkberry. It's a frozen yogurt place, but it's quasi healthy (under 100 calories) and taste kind of tart, more like yogurt yogurt. I get it with blueberries, yogurt chips, and chocolate chips. It's amazing. And it's basically only in Cali right now. When it moves out to Ann Arbor, I'll be their finest customer.   

1 comment:

Liza said...

They have Pinkberry's in NYC too. But I agree, having one in Ann Arbor would be sweet. I bet Stucci's and Ben&Jerry would go out business though.

P.S. I LOVE that dog. Go buy her and then ship it to me =)