Monday, May 12, 2008

Wild and Crazy Summer

Back in Nebraska. It feels good to finally relax. In the past two and a half weeks I've been in Ann Arbor, West Bloomfield, London, Paris, Omaha, and LA (and back to Omaha). I think the minute and hour hands on my internal clock have snapped off. I get up around 6 in the morning and go back to sleep everyday.

I had two interviews in LA. I got one job and got turned down for the other. Oh well, one for two isn't horrible. I think I'm going to go do it. Other than interview, we looked furiously for housing, hung out on the beach, and went to a baseball game at Dodgers Stadium (pictured above) in which the famed LA Dodgers lost to the Houston Astros. The stadium was really cool. The view of palm trees and green Hollywood sign-like hills (actually, theres a fake Hollywood sign on them that says Think Blue) over center field is soooo neat and makes for an ultra-relaxing game viewing experience (non-sexual erection, anyone?)

For now, I'm just trying to calm down and make a decision as to whether or not to go. I've slept in, played video games, worked out, visited with my stepmoms family, and read Amy's screenplay while also trying to develop some of my own ideas.  

I think I've found my favorite youtube video. Its a mock of the My New Haircut video in which instead of ripping on Guidos, they substitute in a Jewish person. 

"I'm going to get so much tuchus my schmeckel's gonna fall off!" 

Wonderful.

My parents have an amazing knack for making 8:30 at night feel like 2 o'clock in the morning.

1 comment:

Liza said...

well if you don't take it come visit me in D.C. or Nashville. It's been too long buddy.