Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Day a Rock Star Went Housing Hunting For Me

I know what you might be thinking. The title to this post is probably a play on words or something.  Like, maybe someone with the same name as a rock star is helping me out, like when we told everyone that Gentz was dating Julia Roberts because, well, he went out with a girl with the same name as the Pretty Woman star. 

But I wouldn't tease you like that. OK, I would, but I'm not now. So, I have my places to stay in LA pretty much firmed up, but my mom still insists she can find me somewhere to house sit over the summer rather than pay a fortune for housing. She enlisted a friend of hers who has a heart of gold. So, this friend of my mother's goes to LA to visit her children who live there and tells my mother that she'll network me into somewhere to stay. 

Anyway, this woman and her children are friends with Tonic lead singer Jeff Russo (don't ask me how), and I guess got him tangled in this complex web of trying to find somewhere for me to crash this summer. Apparently he's on the lookout. So, yes readers, a famous rock star is helping me potentially find somewhere to live. 

You can't write this stuff, you really can't.

In other news, I got my car tuned up today, hit golf balls at a driving range (wrenched my extra sensitive back in the process), worked out for 3 hours ('Ms., which way to the weight room?'), and drank milk straight from the carton for the first time in years (and it felt damn good).

Tomorrow morning, I get up and play golf with Bob Mann for the first time since the 10th grade, when I enforced a lifetime ban on playing golf with him (a la, Pete Rose being banned from the Baseball Hall of Fame). He's re-applied for reinstatement many times and since he seems genuine in his attempts to not be a complete douche on the course, I allowed him a chance to get back in my good graces on the green. 

Please pray I don't hit a car with a ball or accidently throw a club in a lake, both of which, regrettably, have happened. 

Right now, I'm drinking my nightly port and watching the best show on TV, Throwdown with Bobby Flay (which was also the topic one of my A papers!) Oh Food Network, how I've missed thee.

[Edit] I have been told that the use of the term "elderly" in this post might ruffle some feathers. I regret the error. Sorry, everyone. haha
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Having worked with the guy for years, I can tell you, in all sincerity, that he's one of the best guys in the world. You'll never meet a more down to earth, and less "rock star(y)" kind of guy. :)

Cheers!

kim

Alex said...

Yeah, I've never met or talked to him, but my mother has and says he's really neat. I have had dinner with his mother, which was hysterical- reminds me that even rock stars have concerned Jewish mothers...haha

Anonymous said...

His mom is great too, tho' I haven't talked to her in years, prbably since the heyday of Tonic.

Jeff's very good at answering his e-mail. If you want to touch base with him, just drop him a line, & say hey. He's not a BIG/long writer tho', so don't be surprised at a one or two line reply. :)

BTW, in case you're wondering how I came across this post, I'm Jeff & Tonic's webmistress - I track mentions of him online for statistical purposes, and your post popped up. :)

Cheers!

kim

Liza said...

Why must your life be perpetually more exciting than mine? I am jealous....