Sunday, May 18, 2008

Car Lessons and the Day I Felt Like LeBron

Today was pretty uneventful. Because I'm scared to death of parking in LA (much less the actual driving) I enrolled in driving school today...The Bob Mann School of Parallel Parking. So, I shimmied in my Burgundy Buick Century, saw the big man set up our other car and a garbage can in our driveway to simulate a parallel parking spot, and tried a million times to get in. Still not parallel parking proficient...just, um, kinda competent. 

I got up this morning and went to the health club to shoot some baskets and lift weights (which I never got to, surprise!!) I was asked to play 21 against FOUR other, clearly more athletic gentlemen. It was early for me, I felt terrible, but you know what? I put my head down and plaaaaayed. Felt like LeBron. Crossovers, threes, floaters, pump fakes, it was a thing of beauty. I'm sure the Cavs would have preferred to have me on their team...I am, after all, probably a better shooter...and a worse everything else. Not my fault God didn't make me 6'9", 230.

Ate at Cheesecake Factory, visited the step grandparents, bummed around Target, and talked to Adam for a few. 

New Celebrity crush: Blake Lively....grrroooowwwwl

Currently drinking a glass of port.  It may not have been an eventful day, but it sure did end well...(sips)

No comments: