Thursday, March 13, 2008

21 Means, Well, Not What it Should

Again, its birthday season, so I'm really looking forward to that. When I was 18, things were going so good that I thought that by 21 I'd have it all figured out. Who knew that I wouldn't and that I'd really just miss being 18...life is crazy like that.

Gave a small presentation on Carnivale di Venezia (Italian version of Mardi Gras) today in class...I've become a nervous public speaker, especially in another language, so I'm super relieved it's done!

I got my new MacBook Pro (although, I'm writing this with the terminally ill iBook G4 I got when I was in high school). Its pretty neat, with a camera in it and all kinds of cool features. My favorite part is that it looks pretty....is that wrong?

In other news, I lost 5 bucks on a game of Madden (I'm rusty/not as slick as I used to be) and am going to the Pistons/Spurs game tmw night. I have to admit, I dislike both teams, but I'm pulling for the Pistons on this one since the worse the Spurs do, the better the Mavs do (and thusly, the better I feel).

My German visiting scholar TV theory teacher mistakenly says "oftenly" as opposed to just "often." I think we should add it to the dictionary.

So, last night a pretty girl that I was checking out in the union study room saw me checking her out (yes, I have a staring problem). Anyway, I resumed my work and then 20 minutes later she came over to me, smiled a nice smile and asked politely if I was in Poly Sci 209 or something. I stupidly just replied "No, sorry." and let her walk away. I didn't even think that she'd possibly come over with a question she already knew the answer to just to try and talk to me. And instead of playing along and saying "No, but my name is 'Alex,' what's your's?" I shooed her away like she was a hobo asking for a twenty. I oftenly (sounds cool, doesn't it!?) say stupid things, especially when it comes to relating to the opposite sex...why is this!?

I'm 21 years old now...I feel like I'm 14.

1 comment:

Liza said...

Thats okay, next time you are in the Union study room you should go say hi to her! BTW we need to go out when you get back so I can buy you a drink for your 21st =)