Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Big Tuesday



So, my birthday extravaganza was a delight...after the first hour in which my grandmother drilled me for inconsequential details of the processes of my life and my stepmother put on cry face because my father lost patience with my grandmother's berage of questions, concerns, and worries. I did drink 3 glasses of wine in public on my birthday and had a delicious dinner with crab cakes, seared sea scallops, and port. The coolest gift I got? My grandfather's World War II dog tags...I can't wear them, but they are really neat to have.

Anyway, today I got up and went to class, which was a bore...par for the course. My curly-haired confidant Amy Butler called me and asked me to dinner...which got me excited- Hey! It's been a while since a girl wanted to go to dinner with me! Anyway, after an afternoon screening, I took a shower, shaved, cologned, and fiddled with my hair (we're just friends, but a guy still likes to look good in public with a pretty lady.) We met at West Quad and walked over to Noodles & Co. I knew something was fishy when (actually, I knew something was fishy when she asked me out) she insisted we check for seating upstairs prior to ordering at the counter....This would have been fine for a party of 15, but it was just us two...or so I thought. We order at the counter and head to the upstairs seating area where 8 of my friends smiled and shouted "Surprise!"

It was the first surprise party my life's ever seen and I must say, it was a delight. A few scragglers joined us (Cameron and Liza came late) as we talked about the guy I saw wearing capris today, "almost" relationships (apparently there's such a thing), and my impending engagement to Amy...who said she'd marry me if I could produce a Tiffany's diamond engagement ring...don't get me wrong, she doens't WANT to marry me, but would still like for me to buy her a Tiffany's diamond ring. Typical girl.

After dinner, I helped a friend out by participating in a disscussion about campus diversity. I think I have a solid idea on rennovating the idea of affirmative action, ask me if you're curious, I think its a compelling solution.

Then, I went to play broomball against the other half of Southwest. We lost 3-0...IM sports hasn't been kind in the year 2008...

Whew, what a Tuesday...

No comments: