Saturday, April 19, 2008

Academic Year 2007-2008: A Year in Review

Who knew that a school year that started off with me getting dumped within the first week would prove to be probably the best school year yet...although, if you really know me, I guess that's not saying a whole lot. 

But alas, it has been an eventful year. For starters, I found a home with Southwest after a solid semester looking for a group of cool people to hang out with. My parents call me the "Jew for Jesus," but whatever. 

Let's just list some major highlights (in no particular order):

1) Getting the nod in one game as the Paintrain's starting QB and leading the team to a 13-0 victory. Hail to the Victor!

2) Finally picking up the pretty expensive guitar I got last year and learning how to play things (I can now get my way through "All my loving" by the beatles...booyeah)

3) Befriending Renee, a friend of my evil ex, and having her see that Kate has turned wacky and that I'm not a creeper (not totally). 

4) Watching Aghogho puke at BTB...I think we've been through this (see last post).

5) Drawing a vulva on a napkin with strawberry sauce. Classy.

6) Having one of the most popular people I know call me one of his closest friends.

7) Meeting Liza

8) Seeing Boyd run around on roller skates in a dress at 1 in the morning with me telling Amy, "I'll never let you live this down."

9) The night Gentz and I made fun of Geoff, the undertaker.

10) My last day, which included...

The most distracting thing in the world while taking a final exam is having a Carmen Electra look-a-like sit in front of you, facing you, with a low cut top while you're trying to concentrate on the test. It's hard to think of anything to say on an Italian exam in these kinds of situations other than, "Vuoi uscire con me?" (Will you go out with me?) or "Posso tocare quelli?" (can I touch these?). If I get a bad grade, well, that's why. 

After I finished the exam, I headed back to West Quad and made plans to visit the arboretum with Gentz, Liza, and Amy et all. It was a beautiful day of playing catch, laughing at girls, and chitchatting in the sun. It was so relaxing and the perfect way to end the year. I learned Amy was a volunteer for her bell choir in high school, that Gentz was a dictator in high school, and that Liza...actually, I forget what Liza said that I didn't know about her. If Liza reads this post, she needs to fill me in again. Anyway, it was really great. If Aghogho barfing was the best night of my college career, then this was probably my best day...

If only I had worn sunscreen. I burn so badly.

1 comment:

lroe said...

hehe I purposefully made it unmemorable so you could never hold it against me =) I'm glad meeting me was one of the highlights of 07-08. Next year though, how bout we don't do anatomical drawings on my napkin, mm'kay?