Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Characters You See in Europe and Do Girls Really Play Video Games?

Not much to report from the day. Got up late and decided to take a run through Kensington Gardens. I think I've gained 20 pounds since coming to Europe. I need to go on that the Noutra System thing and appear in a commercial with Jillian Barberie (wink). Speaking of those commercials, doesn't it look like the people they get to push the diet are STILL fat? I'm sorry, but if being "in the game" is to look like Mike Golic or Jon Kruk, then I'll just stay on the bench. Hell, I'd rather look like friggin' Don Shula (who also endorses the diet) then those two hippos.  

One of the great things about spending time in Europe is the characters you get to see. I mean, if I just walk down the street to Portobello Road, I can see everything from dread-locked Rastafarians to bums dressed liked Michael Jackson in the weird royalty uniform thingy, to toothless scots with a taste for rare terrier breeds.

 I was in Hermes in Paris (aka rich woman Disney Land) and in walks THE gayest guy I've EVER seen. I don't mean that as a derogatory thing, merely descriptive. He was a 6 ft asian man who was so skinny that he looked hydrosaphalic (enormous head) even though he probably wasn't. He was dressed totally in black with a black jean jacket and hair styled to look like elvis. Jewels on every finger as he delighted in having the male Hermes salesmen neatly affix black&white scarves to his skronny neck as they told him he looked "tres chic." In short, he made Liberace look like John Daly. Description cannot do this man justice. My stepfather, a photographer, was stroking his camera like it was Mr. Bigglesworth, bemoaning the fact that he could not photograph the man because we were in the store.   

I keep purchasing hard core rap off i-tunes. I can't tell if it's because of the mood I'm in or if I'm trying to hip up to the world like a housewife trying to impress her kids. I downloaded "California Lovin'" by 2Pac in honor of my trip to California next week.

...alright, I just like the song. At least its not Brittney Spears, right?

I'm 21 and will soon be on my own in the world, but still really miss stuff like playing catch and dominating at video games. I always tell myself I'm going to outgrown a lot of this stuff, but I look at my father, who "practices" his gaming skills in anticipation of playing me and doubt it. I keep reading all about the NBA playoffs and want to personally see to it that the Mavs DO beat the Hornets and see to it myself that the Spurs face loss after loss. The only way to do this is through video games. And honestly, I can't wait. Someone's gotta set the Mavs right.  Lord knows Avery should be the one holding the controller and me the clipboard.

Speaking of video games, I keep having girls challenge me to video games. Amy plays guitar hero (better than I do!) Liza says she can beat me at Fifa (I don't doubt this). Other girls said they were good at N64. Other girls I've known had Playstations and the like. Did girls really play video games growing up? And if so, where the hell was I? A video-gaming playing girl would have been to me at 13 what buxom, plastic blondes are to Hugh Hefner. Hell, I'da lost my virginity in middle school if there were girls out there in the Dallas prep school scene honing their skillz on playstation.  Really, I need the answer to this. When did girls start playing video games? I feel like its only a matter of time a girl beats me at Madden. 

Check that, one already has. My dad's beaten me a few times. Oh Snap!

No comments: