Sunday, December 30, 2007

Mann Quad

So, I was on the tube (the London underground system for you uncultured freaks. Was that snobby of me? Good!) Anyway, my stepfather turns to me and asks me out of the blue, if I make a billion dollars in the future would I donate to the University of Michigan, this after having given half of it to my mom and him (I was laughing so hard on the inside, I think I broke a testacle). Anywho, after a good 20 seconds of debate, I figured yes, should everything go as planned and I make a billion dollars I'd donate to UofM; however, like any other pretentious snob, I'd desire a building named in my honor, preferably with a statue of my likeness erected in front of it. Which got me wondering which buidling I'd like to be named after me. I dislike the libraries, I'm not an academic anyway, so they're out (PS, it'd then be named the Ugli Mann. Hell no.) The law quad is cool, but those geeks sued the school so that we can't have any snow days, so fuck that. Then I came with an interesting thought. West Quad will hence forth come to be known as 'Mann Quad.' How great would that be? Where do you live? I live in Macho House (formerly Cambridge House), Mann Quad. Sweet. Oh, and our whimpy neighbors across Madison will no longer be known as South Quad, but rather Pussy Village.

Speaking of whimps, I cried in a movie today. It happens a lot, I must admit. I saw The Kite Runner which is all parts pretty, damn good, and pretty damn emotional. A great movie, just pack your tissues, its THAT kind of film. Oh, and don't take my mother. She'll talk through it and ruin important parts because she's read the book and you (and I) haven't!

I'd say I'm going on a diet when I get back to Ann Arbor because I've eaten every rich food known to the planet in the past two weeks without working out (no gym membership and its FREEZING outside), yet it'll be more like a quest to get my body back down to at least 185 lbs, aka my high school weight...during the parts that I was thin in high school, very funny you bastards. Anyway, if anyone would like to join me on the quest let me know, I'll save some vegetables for you.

No comments: