Friday, December 28, 2007

I really just want to retire after college...

Seriously though. I mean, high school nearly killed me up until the last semester. College has been a back-and-forth roller-coaster ride of depression, growth, rejection, more growth, fear, and then who knows what. I feel like UofM should pay ME $40,000 a year, aren't I the one doing all the work? Where does this all come from, you ask? My preliminary search for a summer film position, which is altogether depressing. And while I do have faith in myself, it's going to be a toughy since I A)wish to be in on of the most sought-after businesses in the entire world and B) have gotten off to a late start, thanks again, UofM. Alright, it hasn't been all school's fault. Alright, its my fault, but still! Why can't things just be easy for once? When do I get my yaught? When do I get to chain smoke cigars until my lungs fall out of my chest only to be reinstated by a beautiful German girl named Inga as I sit and count my money on the back of my California estate overlooking a picturesque veranda? Cardboard box and anti-anxiety pills, here I come...

In other, happier news I made a list of 10 things I have set as goals for the year 2008. I'm pretty proud of them. I think I can hit all of them, except the one about getting a film internship this summer is, again, looking a little grim from the outset. I once had good job karma, what the heck happened? Oh, well, good news for my friends. I have promised myself not to speak of 'you know who' more than once a month (unless promted). I feel like this should make for a more healthy me and a more sane you. The list also includes joining more clubs at school (at least 2), getting an A in my dreaded STATS class just to keep me motivated and to host a fun party for my friends (I think I have a great idea for one)...its time for me to do something to give back to Southwest, I hope they enjoy it, whenever it happens to happen in the year 2008.

Also in other thrillings news, I've figured out where my unorthodox taste in girls comes from. I have always feared it came from my mother. Thank goodness this isn't the case (very sorry, mumsy). After watching classic movies Sabrina and Breakfast at Tiffany's (of which, the former is the more entertaining flick, I assure you) I've discovered I'm attracted to women like Audrey Hepburn. The looks, the personality, the elegance, the classiness. She had it all, and thats what I want. Hell, if we could dig up her decomposing body, slap some pearls on that thing and put on some sunglasses, I'd take her out for a drink. Nevermind the smell. Oh, she was also a humanitarian, beat that, Natalie Portman. If we ever get to the stage where we can dig up a dead person and clone them, Audrey Hepburn would be my pick for first human being copied. They'd then pick me to write the screenplay for Lunch at Tiffany's, Dinner at Tiffany's, then she'd die again, then we'd clone her again, then I'd write Midnight Snack at Tiffany's. How's that for a career plan?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'd like a part in one of the tiffay's sequels please. speaking of which, i visited a tiffany last week